Are you planning to renovate your space? Whether it is your residential or office/commercial space. If you’re looking for something beautiful which is sustainable as well as economical, you’re reading the right article.
Before we tell you what these materials are and how to use them, we’ll tell you some basic information about them, ranging from what they are, their features and how they are made, and what they are made up of.
Learn about Fibreboards, High-density Fibreboards, and Cement boards, along with everything about them below. When you have a relatively small apartment or space, you would want them to appear larger and divide them in a way where it looks good and becomes more functional as well, and fibreboards and cement boards serve exactly that purpose and many more.
Fibreboard and High-density Fibreboards:
These beautiful pieces are nothing that particle boards are. Fibreboards are used to make cabinets, shelves, wall panels, separators, and types of furniture as well. Veneers can be used to apply them or even laminates with the addition of paint layering.
How are they manufactured?
They are a wood product which is engineered upon. They are manufactured from extracted wood pulp or waste chips that are hot-pressed or bound into a board with the use of other synthetic materials in minimal quantities.
- Has an invariable density
- Are a composed material
- Thinner than other materials
- More compact
- It is much denser compared to other materials on the market
- Environmentally friendly, helping you leave less carbon footprint on your part
- Doesn’t expand or change its form due to weather or climate changes.
- Smooth surface
However, keep in mind that they might swell if in contact with water, so make sure to get the finishing done properly with materials like veneers, paints, or laminates.
Usage in spaces for:
- Floors: due to their strength and density, fibreboards can be used as flooring substances with proper finishing, as mentioned above.
- Walls: they would give your rooms, offices, and other places of your space a beautiful look by putting into use as wall panel.
- Cabinets: will give you an aesthetically pleasing look along with durability in an atmosphere of heat which is common in kitchens.
Other uses would be:
- Indoor furniture
Fibre Cement Board:
Similar to Fibreboards, FibreCement boards or FiberCement boards are now a popular choice in the interior industry or construction industry. They are efficient, fast, and quick to build.
Being similar to fibreboards of wood, they are also made of natural resources such as cement, cellulose fibers, and sand. It can be used by itself or with the addition of some veneers or plywood.
They hold resistance to water. Unlike wood FibreBoards, they are resistant to water and termites as well. It is a win-win situation here.
- They are strong in the presence of humidity or water
- Can absorb moisture
- Resistant to weather and climate changes without any extra efforts
However, keep in mind, they can be a bit expensive as well as heavy, require labor and a lot of time as well, but you know what? It is all worth it in the end.
- Wall paneling
- Cabinets in the kitchen or any other way
- Used to install tiles
- Covering ducts
To conclude, FiberCement Boards and Fibreboards are very similar. They can serve similar purposes or extremely different purposes. Both of them are environmentally friendly to an extent, as well as durable. They will fulfill your wants of aesthetics in your space as well as increase the functionality of your space.
They are durable, resistant to various serious changes or problems, and can be used in multiple ways around your house, but they can be a bit costlier and sometimes difficult to handle. However, as we said before, it’s all worth it. You can shop for high quality Fibre Cement Boards from CenturyPly, one of the best in the market.